History of Yoga practise of BKSWU

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

john

reforming BK

History of Yoga practise of BKSWU

Post08 Jan 2009

I think it would be interesting and useful to chart the types and methods of Yoga taught through the history of the BKSWU.

We could then say from, e.g. 1951 - 1969 (whatever method was used). We could also add to the this, how the soul and Supreme Soul was percieved at the time, e.g. a 'point of light; or 'a thumb' etc.

Maybe any interested members could put what type of Yoga they were taught and from what year.

As far as I understand, the first practise was to chant 'OM' as a group. They at the time being called the 'OM Mandli' group. Then at some point remembrance was through Brahma Baba, then ended with remembrance of Shiva in the Soul World. Are there any new methods taught now. e.g. is it now acceptable to remember Dadi Gulzar or any of the other Dadis and Didis?

The method I was taught was to remember ShivaBaba as a point of light in the Soul World.This was in the 1980's. From a book by B.K. Jagdish Chandler 'Easy Raj Yoga' published 1977.
One should, in fact, concentrate on God, who is a point of light in the Soul World.

Return to The BKWSU