Nirvana

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Nirvana

Post23 Dec 2007

I wanted to raise a question about the BKWSU's of the term "Nirvana".

At it most base, it strikes me that they have just usurped yet another term from another religion, i.e. not satisfied at, bit by bit, consuming and incorporating every Hindu deity that exists; Krishna, Shiva, Brahma, Shankar, Narayan etc they then moved on to Buddhism and accumulated Nirvana too. Is calling the Soul World Nirvana correct?

In Sanskrit, it translates as "extinction" and is generally understood to be an extinction of the personal self, the stopping of the process sustaining conditioned states and the completion of the path of Buddhism, where only the real exists and all delusion and anguish are permanently ended, an emptiness. Often seen as a reworking of moksha. I did not think it was a place.

This is a little different from the BK use of the term and it strikes me that it has been subjected to just another intellectual property land-grab. In BK, it is used for the Soul World where all the souls go "home" to exist with Shiva Baba and is his nigh-permanent residence.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post23 Dec 2007

I like some of their stuff.

andrey

PBK

Post23 Dec 2007

According to the advanced knowledge, as far as i know, "Nirvana" means "beyond speech", and it depicts a stage of the soul whilst in the body, but also the world above this world where the souls are without bodies. It is the same as Paramdham and this atmosphere of peace and silence that we have to bring about in this world, according to the Murli.

Return to Commonroom