Are you an ex-BK Bro or Sister?

for measuring opinion on matters relating to their BKWSU experiences
Forum rules A forum specifically for polls on any topic relating to Brahma Kumaris. Anyone can vote here or discussion the poll. General conversion about the issues is best kept to the Commonroom.

Are you a ex-BK male or female?

Female
47%
Male
53%

Total votes : 32

bro neo

ex-BK

Are you an ex-BK Bro or Sister?

Post03 May 2007

I want to start a poll to see how many ex-BKs are male and how many are female here, (ex-bks only please. Another poll could be started to see how many males and females on the site. which included other groups).

alladin

no label

where are the true shaktis???

Post04 May 2007

May I post a mid way comment?

I don't like these results, although must accept them! Either Brothers have such big problems with some issues (celibacy, being bullied about by center-in-charges ...) and drop out, or Sisters have no shakti to have a critical mind over the whole bkorg stuff. I don't believe that all Sisters in Gyan are satisfied, though, otherwise why would they be so bossy and bitter (most of them)? What do they stay in Gyan for then? Fear of what others will think was I to leave? Attachment/dependency on/to SS? Power, love for God no matter what (identifying God with the sect)? No big craving for truth? Nowhere to go?

After 40 you are old and wrinkled, cannot do anything better that being a spinster/nun? Come on, go to a gym, follow a diet, get back into shape, mental and physical, try some anti-age facial cream and love yourself and stop basing your self-esteem on BKs approval and serviceability! We don't have to end up straight in the trash can if we leave the BKs!

joel

ex-BK

Re: where are the true shaktis???

Post04 May 2007

alladin wrote:May I post a mid way comment? I don't like these results, although must accept them!

I wouldn't worry, many guys outnumber ... ah ... girls (oops, maybe I should write 'womyn') online, at least in our age group. Or maybe the womyn have lives.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post06 May 2007

I thought we were all adults here as well joel, apparently not. Just found out we got readers who might be younger then 13! :roll: Guess I better put a Gulob Gamen in my mouth and start posting only G rated ex-BK experience, strength and hope :P

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Re: Are you an ex-BK Bro or Sister?

Post20 May 2007

bro neo wrote:I want to start a poll to see how many ex-BKs are male and how many are female here, (ex-BKs only please. Another poll could be started to see how many males and females on the site. which included other groups).

Hi bro, I myself had been wondering whether the 'exiting' phenomena is a 'male bastion' in counter-balance to the early joiners of Om Mandli who we are led to understand were predominantly females.

And if 'male-energy' predominates exiting, is there a chance that it is pre-cursor to an eventual shift from female to male stewardship of the BKWSU?

zhuk

non-BK

Post21 May 2007

Well, I never got so far into the organisation as to call myself a card-carrying member :P.

Although it was clear that the SS had high hopes for my 'cultivation' :lol: as I was introduced to others as "our new Sister" at local centre ... however this did ring a few alarm bells at the time. I got that uneasy feeling you have when you feel that maybe you're being 'suckered in'.

No wonder I did not last long, lol.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post26 May 2007

The only difference between males and females are their bodies. The soul is the same. Yeah, and Destruction happened in 1969.

The differences between males and females are immense. I have spent the last couple of years really analysis them. Selfish reasons I assure you. The questions you proposed are interesting AK.

Generally speaking, and I speak for all cultures, females tend to be more group orientated where as males tend to be more individuals. This makes females much more susceptible to joining a powerful group, especially one that already is predominately female, whereas men have more reasons not to join a group in favor of staying in the groups they already belong to.

Again here I am speaking about my view point on statistical analysis and generalizations.

Zhuk? Sister? Uh ...

The pole is looking a lot more even steven then I thought it would.

abrahma kumar

Post26 May 2007

Thanks bro neo. Yes, we can expect that as new joiners come onboard and answer the poll that the ratio will fluctuate. So my comments based on that 'measure' will become outdated. I must confess, that underlying my post, were some recollections of whispers that I have heard eminate from Madhuban itself. It is said that the next rank of leadership within the BKWSU's highest echleons is comprised of senior Brothers.

Comparitively speaking, these Brothers are in the so-called "backrooms" of the BKWSU. Many of them are known to students who have been visitors to Madhuban over the years and together with the many 'hands-on' things they (the Brothers) do, in and around the Yagya, they also make a lot of time for developing and experimenting with powerful practical Yoga stage.

If there is any substance in these whispers, these senior Brothers too may be watching on and wondering just what is going on these days with the Yagya, under the stewardship of the present lot. One only needs to bear in mind such phrases as 'Trimurti Dadis'. So, I was wondering whether here in cyberspace there was also a reflection of this. Not in the sense of "Brothers rule OK" but more as an attempt to open myself up to appreciating the specialities that souls in male body WILL bring to any new phase that the BKWSU may be entering.

Maybe a few Brothers being able to act decisively, with clarity of intent and faith in the eternal Gyani truths, can serve Baba much better than they would do by remaining 'cowed' within that increasingly unrecognisable organisation.

Bearing in mind di's, jannisder's and katie's topics, wouldn't rank and file BK Brothers hope that having had their consciousnesses elevated by the study of Godly Knowledge, they would be able to overcome their personal travails and live positive, wholesome, all-embracing lives with partners? is not this the promise that "Raja" holds out to ALL souls?

How does a Gyani lifestyle serve as an instrument to "heal" us Brothers? Will the quality of relationship/interaction between male and female ex-BKs be of an altogether more positive dimension than they experience together when on the inside?

zhuk

non-BK

Post27 May 2007

bro neo wrote:Zhuk? Sister? Uh ... The pole is looking a lot more even steven then I thought it would.

^^yeah i can see how that's a bit confusing :mrgreen:

Hmm. Maybe i need to explain my 20 + year Russian obsession 1st for you all to understand my nick ... uh, i guess i just did :lol:.

alladin

no label

Pandavs

Post28 May 2007

Talking about stats on Brother/Sister participation? An ex-BK friend was pointing out that even in Bhakti, all religious founders were men. Sure there must be social reasons for that, but maybe they are not the only ones.

Is it a memorial for Pandavs becoming assertive and Yogi souls taking over in the end the corrupt organization??
Abr. Kumar said:
Will the quality of relationship/interaction between male and female ex-BKs be of an altogether more positive dimension than they experience together when on the inside?

Talking about challenges!!

I appreciate and cherish friendships and interactions with Forum members. None of this could happen, neither with orthodox BKs nor with outsiders. We shared similar experiences and are motivated by the common sincere desire for truth and preservation of anything we found beneficial on this path. This makes our relationships invaluable. It doesn't mean easy between ex-s and exiting.

We were perfectionists and have high expectations of each other, although surprisingly ready to tolerate imperfections + even vices from storks and possible Golden Deers that crossed our paths. I think we have to maintain patience and lightness with the other person and remember its a dynamic situation in progress to be curious about. See how it unfolds. We are very vulnerable and subjects to ups and downs. Sometimes everything may seem clear, other times, it’s blurry, plus the guilty feelings for leaving (more or less strong), etc.

Am thinking of all sorts of combinations in partnerships. We cannot expect to be all standing at the same point of realization. But if 2 are exiting, one may blame the other for having pulled him/her into this crazy organization, in case one came first.

Recriminations ... "You destroyed my life!!" The initiator, was probably originally sanctified and put on a pedistal by the follower who was, to begin with, full of gratitude for the introduction to God’s elevated knowledge. In this case, the lesson about remaining beyond praise and defamation, comes very handy! And not only that one!!

abrahma kumar

Post04 Jun 2007

Are you a ex-BK male or female?
    Female 46%
    Male 53%
The gap is decreasing.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post04 Jun 2007

So AK, you're saying that if Brothers had more influential roles in the Yagya, the BKWSU would be a lot better? Maybe if a Brother was the Channel instead of a Dadi, the Murlis would be altogether more scientific and profound in its cosmic wisdom. Then again it might be filled with a lot more information to impress, such as predictions, and we all know how accurate the BKs predictions are.

Another interesting idea you proposed is what is the stereo type for ex-BKs. Only by discerning this can we come to theory of how male-female relationships would proceed with ex-BKs.

For example, what is the average Brother and Sister like after leaving the BKWSU? Are they love crazed and out to get as drunk off Maya as possible or are they calm and at peace with a new sense of inner truth. Perhaps a median of the 2. Only a good thorough survey can answer.

abrahma kumar

Post04 Jun 2007

bro neo wrote:So AK, you’re saying that if Brothers had more influential roles in the Yagya, the BKWSU would be a lot better?Maybe if a Brother was the Channel instead of a Dadi, the Murlis would be altogether more scientific and profound in its cosmic wisdom. Then again it might be filled with a lot more information to impress such as predictions, and we all know how accurate the BKs predictions are.

Hi bro neo, I can only go as far as to say that i think it would be a different place. I do not think this from a standpoint of male chauvinism but simply on the understanding that we are all individuals and that the genders possesses different and complimentary sanskars.

On the channelling front, I am not an expert but my gut instinct is to feel that there would be no difference? In chanelling is it not the 'visiting soul' that runs the show, so to speak?
bro neo wrote:Another interesting idea you proposed is what is the stereo type for ex-BKs. Only by discerning this can we come to theory of how male-female relationships would proceed with ex-BKs. For example what is the average Brother and Sister like after leaving the BKWSU? Are they love crazed and out to get as drunk off Maya as possible or are they calm and at peace with a new sense of inner truth. Perhaps a median of the 2. Only a good thorough survey can answer.

bro neo, on the emotional angle I confess to swinging crazily between these 2 emotional states day by day. Sometimes even minute-to-minute. It is a real rollercoaster. So yes, i would guess it would take a carefully worded survey and a open, honest interactions to tease those factors out. Surely a work-in-progress issue? We see how things go. Anyway with sufficiently marurity we exes may well feel comfortable enough to meet-up and share.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post08 Jul 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote: ... on the emotional angle I confess to swinging crazily between these 2 emotional states day by day. Sometimes even minute-to-minute. It is a real rollercoaster.

Hmmm ... I bet this would be how most ex-BKs would say they are. I am certainly. Happy to say due, to my continued search and implication of truths, I find the swings are much less extreme nowadays. It would be interesting to see what percentages of up and downs ex-BKs tend to live in though in correlation to their years of being away from Gyan.

alladin

no label

emotional swings

Post10 Jul 2007

It's sad to hear many stories of exiting BKs, or ex BKs, feeling depressed and going through huge emotional swings. I feel that one of the lessons I learnt from Raja Yoga is about controlling my moods or remaining stable, if not always super happy, at least decently cheerful.

If this is the atmosphere we make sure to create within ourselves, in it we can work out doubts and questions better and go on, at our own pace. I wonder, however, if the way stability is generally meant or taught in the BK organisation, doesn't mean suppression or corraling of emotions and rightful questions. Possibly, after some time of this training, if blind faith and fake smiles and pretences become a practise, once one decides to get free from the leash, the lid from Pandora's box can snap free and all "evils" start flying around, sending our minds into complete turmoil.

And this is why I value the Forum as a place for sharing and healing; the "duty of care" that was initially invoked in order for the BK orgisation to take care of its ex-members. If I understood correctly. But since they would never accept any responsibility in that sense, thank God we have this space and keep it alive!!
Next

Return to Polls