Gods of The New Age

for ex-BKs, exiting BKs, Friends & Family of BKs and newcomers to the forum.

onthor

Gods of The New Age

Post30 Nov 2016

Thank heavens that is just a form of comparison rather than giving us an inkling of bestiality :shock: . Although we do find that the Apostles sometimes relate differing views of the same event, however in this instance I will grant Ezekiel the benefit of my 'taking it as read'.

Pink Panther

Re: Gods of The New Age

Post30 Nov 2016

Proverbs 7:18 "Come, let's drink deeply of lovemaking until morning, let's delight ourselves with sexual intercourse.

onthor

Gods of The New Age: Context informs reason in any Age

Post30 Nov 2016

PROVERBS 7:18 Analysed as a: Warning Against the Adulteress (and i would add that it implicitly applies to the Adulterer also)

https://www.bible.com/bible/59/pro.7

regards

onthor

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2016

onthor wrote:Thank heavens that is just a form of comparison rather than giving us an inkling of bestiality :shock:.

The fact they had to expressedly ban it, is clear evidence that it was a common place event. The sad thing is, according to Leviticus (20:15), the donkey or sheep should be executed as well. Listen, those old guys and their gods really knew how to party ... nothing was off the menu.

They says there's nothing new under Sun, any kinky New Age cult is doing nothing new. Not coming anywhere near the excess of antiquity.

But, hey, we need to tighten discussion and keep them on topic more. It's not relevent to BKism and exiting BKs, unless you want to report on your own experiences and how it helped you. Or did not.

onthor

Onvalianthorwatch: Godly Control Freakery Old World Order st

Post30 Nov 2016

ex-l wrote:...
But, hey, we need to tighten discussion and keep them on topic more. It's not relevant to BKism and exiting BKs, unless you want to report on your own experiences and how it helped you. Or did not.
Thank you. I would just like to point out that my original post under the banner "Godly Control Freakery Old World Order stylee" (and the referenced verses from the Bible) were intended to underline an earlier remark I made about NOT wanting to give the impression that I had hit upon the jackpot insofar as a search for the Spiritual Enlightenment was concerned now that I no longer study with the BKWSU and am (surprisingly) returning to investigating a tradition that prevailed in my childhood environment - albeit with twists (conscious & sub-conscious) stemming from my own personal experiences and individual fortune).

The referenced verses inform us that (in the Book of Acts) Christ was hung from a tree; whereas the more well known telling is that he was hung upon a cross.
Acts 5:30-32King James Version (KJV)
Verse 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Verse 31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Verse 32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 10:39King James Version (KJV)
Verse 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Acts 13:29King James Version (KJV)
Verse 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from The Tree, and laid him in a sepulchre

My other post (re: context) was intended to underine my good intentions (by highlighting what I took to be the context in which another quote could be read, It is/was never my intention to deploy ignorance as a form of mockery (or whatever) of any(one's) belief or non-belief.

If, as a result of my not previously spelling it out as above, there is anyone who failed to see the sincerity and seriousness of my post, I do apologise.

As always,

Respectful regards

onthor

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2016

Your sincerity is not in question, the relevance of it all is.

If the simple answer is you've gone back to, or found solace in, Christianity, then fair enough but fixing its problems is really not our business here ... unless you are going to go into how, perhaps, Judeo-Christian/Catholic indoctrination was the 'gateway drug' to BKism, or draw parallels or suggest influences between the two, e.g. Lekhraj Kirpalani picking up on Christianity's End Times, Angels and monotheism etc. I suspect the latter.

The Bible is a horrendous read ... and from a culture entirely alien to me. Along with the Koran, I think its primary benefit is as cheap toilet paper and reefer material for prison inmates. I could not recommend it to anyone. It's not even a "book", just a random hotch-potch few of its victims even ever knowing what it contained as it was written in an exclusive language they could not understand. A blunt club to held in one hand of power, while the sword or gun was held in the other.

How anyone can believe it, or the Sakar Murlis for that matter, are "of God" is beyond me now.

Tying into the Black consciousness topic, you might draw correlation between the viciously discriminatory views of the Jews for non-Jews, to who Christianity then perceived and treated, e.g. Africans and Native North and especially South Americans but, again, I don't think that's a component relevant to BKism.

BKism's discriminatory view of the whole of the rest of the world as impure, untouchable "Shudras" is pure and all other religions degraded, is hard baked Brahmanic Hinduism. It was not an area the documentary we were discussing above went into, as it was pushing its own Christian agenda, but the 'superior us' and 'inferior them' attitude is pretty much universal within all cultic groups.

We could discuss why and what uses it has.

Pink Panther

Post01 Dec 2016

Gods of New and of old age are the dame. The lines get redrawn but we need to see the lines, then read between them.

All these references to scriptures or Murlis, determining which interpretation of a verse is more true than another - all are a symptom of thinking that 'Supreme Truth" exists, somewhere out there, and all I have to do is find the instruction manual.

It’s a parallel to hierarchical values - patriarchy and imperialism. There’s an idea that Truth is a thing in itself that can be grasped, a light-bulb that goes on and never goes out. King of the castle, the rest are ignorant rascals.

Rather, what’s true is simply 'what’s on the level’ - like a piece of wood with a true cut or cleanly planed (Jesus was a carpenter! - it's straight, as intended, no deception or deviation. Honesty.

That is, to live true is an attitude, an approach to living. It will accept that lies, self-deception, hate and greed happen. It's how you respond that matters (and being a door mat that others wipe their dogma on is not a true human response).
Previous

Return to Newcomers