Recipes for Godly Eating.

for Prajapita Brahma Kumaris (Advance Party), or those interested in becoming PBKs, to discuss AIVV matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Recipes for Godly Eating.

Post11 Jun 2006

Hi Everyone,

I often have trouble finding good simple meals that are both vegetarian, cheap and suitable for the BK/PBK lifestyle. When I am not in India of course :).

Would anyone care to give some of their favorite recipies even if just in very breif form? I am sure they would be of help to many people and it would be quite interesting to see what people on this forum eat.

Om Shanti
PBK TrinityShiva

atma

PBK

Post11 Jun 2006

Bhai,

This was sent to me from India.

Take a pressure cocker pour oil up to 2-3 spoonfulls. When it is heatned put cumin seeds in it fry till it is blackned . Then add a cup of lentils and fry it until the colour changes to slight brown don't fry it too much. Then cut two chilli's add it to dahl. If you feel it will be spicy then put one chilli only.Put it for 2 sec. Then pour 2 glasses of water. Put on the lid take 2 whistles. Dahl is ready.

Here is a response from Baba.

What are the best foods to eat for best health and function of the mind?

Can you give some examples?
Daal , rice & potatoes is considered to be firstclass , pure food . If anyone gets used to this , then will never fall ill. Ascetics eat daal & rice but looks so healthy . sachi Gita -32

In take of pure food is necessary . Daal , rice are the best . mu 16-5-85 Baba

atma

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post11 Jun 2006

Thankyou Atma.

I almost eat dhal + potato + roti every day so thats good to hear. Just wasnt 100% on the best method to cook it. :)
Om Shanti

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post16 Jun 2006

I cant wait till i get back to India to be quite honest.. the food prepared in the Godly family is just that PURE and that GOOD :)

atma

PBK

Post16 Jun 2006

Bhai,

Yes the food was simply yet so good. I appreciated the fact it was made with love.

Here is some more info given to me from another Brother.

Do you know of a simple recipe of hot to make chapatis or rotis?---- Take some wheat flour in a plate. Prepare a pit in the middle of the wheat flour to pour some water. Then start mixing the flour with the water. Do not take more quantity of water initially. Once you have prepared a rough lump or dough, then start adding small quantities to make it a smooth dough. Once you have prepared the dough properly smear its outer surface with some oil to prevent drying. Then make small balls of the dough and keep them aside. Put some wheat flour in the plate before starting to make chapatis or rotis. I hope you have seen the chakla (flat round piece of wood/stone) and belan (a cylindrical piece of wood) which are used to prepare the rotis. Take a ball of dough and immerse it in the wheat flour. Keep it on the chakla and start moving the belan on it. As the ball becomes flat and expanded, put it once more in the flour to cover it with the flour on both sides. Put it on the chakala once again and then start moving the belan on it. Move it in all the directions to make the dough round like a roti. Then put this roti on the flat fry pan called Tawa which is already placed on the gas stove for heating. Keep turning the sides of the roti on the fry pan. If it is possible for you you can put the half baked roti directly on the gas by removing the fry pan. The roti will immediately start bulging into the shape of a ball. Remove the roti from the gas and put it in a container. The roti can be smeared with ghee on one side. Now the roti is ready to eat along with some vegetable curry or dal or jam.

How to store and for how long as well?------It is better to prepare fresh rotis everytime you wish to eat, but it should not be stored for more than 24 hours.

atma

Return to PBK