Accurate remembrance

for Prajapita Brahma Kumaris (Advance Party), or those interested in becoming PBKs, to discuss AIVV matters in an open, non-judgemental manner.
Forum rules Read only. BK and PBK followers wishing to discuss "The Knowledge" from the point of view of a "believer", please use; http://www.bk-pbk.info.

sparkal

BK supporter

Yoga of the intellect

Post07 Jan 2008

"Yoga of the intellect". This may be accurate remembrance. Not Yoga of the mind (imagination?), or sanskars (emotions etc?), but of the intellect. I don't think it means Yoga of The Knowledge either though, if you know what I mean, or things could get dry and limited. So, what is the intellect? What is its nature?

Don't be shy, it is a subtle and sometimes illusive subject, but someone sometime needs to start asking if for no other reason than for the benefit of others who read but don't post.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong, there may however be something wrong with being "right" :lol:

shivshankar

working towards unification

Post07 Jan 2008

Om Shanti. Intellect is one of 3 things which are in the soul. It's function is to judge, to take decision if something is right or wrong. Thought appears in the mind under influence of sanskars(clishe, steriotypes, habbits etc), after that intellect decides whether to make this thought come true or forget about it. If thought becomes an action then sanskar(habbit) becomes stonger, if not then - weaker.

Example: you have a habit (sanskar) to smoke, under this influence a thought to take cigarette appears in your mind. If your intellect takes decision to smoke then habit (sanskar) becomes stronger. And vise versa: if you want to drop smoking you can stop this thought with the power of your intellect. And this sanskar (habit) to smoke will become weaker and weaker because there will be no action (smoking).

As for "Yoga of the intellect": you decide to spent your energy on remembrance by your intellect. Also you sustain your meditation stage by decisions of your intellect. So it is Yoga of your intellect. Your intellect is connected (you have Yoga) with Me during meditation.

andrey

PBK

Post07 Jan 2008

"The Father does not remember any children. He knows that all are His children. All of them remember Me." Sakar Murli dated 4.6.2003, spoken by the Supreme Father Shiv through Brahma Baba

There used to be this question rised and here is the Murli quote.

I think discriminating whom to remember is artificial and rememberance should be natural. The presonality is one and people just make up stories to confuse others.

I believe we have to remember him with our intellect (undertsanding) - we have to know and be aware, to undertsand like this, to have this attitude and this predisposition that this Supreme Soul is somewhere is somone's body.

We know both fathers and this should just double our rememberance in the same direction and not make us hesitate. We should remember both of them in one body and have double benefit from the two. And why not ... no one forces us to choose between them. They are just combined that comes as an extra to us.

To discriminate is monkey business.
Previous

Return to PBK