Original picture of Tree with "The 8"

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

earl

PBK

Post13 Jul 2007

Brother Nirwair used to have a several old yaga photo albums in his desk drawer in Madhuban. I was told about the in late 1980's as something good to see. I was able to spend some time looking through them on a visit to Madhuban. By the end of 1980's, on another visit, I asked to see them again. Only 2 photo albums remained and many photos were missing.

On asking Nirwair, he told me that souls over the years lost or took the photos. There were originally several pictures showing small groups of Sisters in trance with Baba in playing in the hills with very, very way out looks on their faces. Many others were long series of group photos with Dada Lekhraj and Mama, the same shot repeated with different companions.

None of the trance photos that caught my attention originally remained on the second viewing a few years later and I have not seen them since.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Jul 2007

I really appreciate having another historian onboard. It sounds as though you have many interesting recollection. Such a shame for all those old photos to have "disappeared".

Nirvair puts his name on the Vishwa Ratan book, which is a fictionalised account of the BK history, and so I wonder how much we can trust him?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post12 Sep 2007

Another question ... In the Vishwa Ratan book it states that Nirwair, I think it was, saw a picture of a Tree in another organization, told Lekhraj Kirpalani and they picked up on it. I cannot say for sure this is it but ... this is from the "Dictator" Gandhi and the "Crow Race" Congress Party that the early BKs were so critical off.

Non-Cooperation Tree and Mahatma Gandhi

Similar? What I think it is interesting is, taken out of the Indian context as we were given it, all this BK stuff is weird or wonderful. Put back into the Indian experience its become quite ordinary or even ... as the evidence suggests ... derivative.

The heads in The Tree, Krishna and Radhe ... the assault on the left hand side is just like on The Ladder.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post12 Sep 2007

This just relates to me with all the the "All India" stuff, Bharat floating on the Ocean. I am not suggesting it was an inspiration as it belongs to an earlier decade.

Indian Nationalism was in the minds of all Indians at the time of the start of the Yagya. Lekhraj Kirpalani had his own tack on it. "United Bharat ..."

"Our Enemy is Organised We Must be Likewise", it says.

bansy

Post12 Sep 2007

I really appreciate having another historian onboard

I think many of us here appreciate the historians in this forum.

arjun

PBK

Post12 Sep 2007

ex-l wrote:Another question ... In the Vishwa Ratan book it states that Nirwair, I think it was, saw a picture of a Tree in another organization, told Lekhraj Kirpalani and they picked up on it. I cannot say for sure this is it but ... this is from the "Dictator" Gandhi and the "Crow Race" Congress Party that the early BKs were so critical off.

What is the date of this picture? Is it dated pre-1940?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post12 Sep 2007

arjun wrote:What is the date of this picture? Is it dated pre-1940?

Much earlier. Note Gandhi's black moustache. I'll get an exact date for you asap.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post12 Sep 2007

I saw those photos in Nirwairs top drawer ( :lol: ) no I am serious, I used to go and look at them sometimes when I was there ... there were some interesting shots.

In fact, I just might have some on a disc ... mmmmm.

jack

Kalpa tree also revised many times

Post27 Aug 2008

Not only Murli is revising day by day. But Kalpa tree is also revising. Points:

1. According to Dada Viswa Ratan: Baba says that, “this world is an inverted tree, whose seed siva Baba is above” –See the attached picture taken from his book ‘A Unique Experience’ –Page no. 30 –Refer Library section

2. In the book ‘Versions of God Almighty’ which is published by Brahmakumaris, on Page 11, (1969) there is a picture of Kalpa, which is an inverted one. See attached picture, refer library

3. But now Tree is up right, not inverted - amazing

Is it inverted or up-right actually?

original_tree.jpg
original_tree.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 35301 times

inverted_tree.jpg
inverted_tree.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 35302 times

tree_book_quote.jpg
tree_book_quote.jpg (8.23 KiB) Viewed 35300 times

alladin

no label

nothing new, after all!

Post27 Aug 2008

Hi, Faisu, welcome on the Forum and thanks for your contributions so far. It takes method and patience to come up with such jems. My mind and life function in such a different way that I admire the effort of people who like you dig out for concealed info and publish evidence for all to read on the Forum. So we effortlessly "get the butter" here!

Thanks for reviving this topic I had missed. I was amazed by what Earl wrote and the Gandhi's non-cooperation Tree poster. Like ex-l says, Gyan seems to me and would, to anybody receptive enough to listen, derivative, more than innovative, as the BKs claim it to be. Nothing new is the appropriate expression. They pump us up with all these titles such as we are "ancestor souls", "roots of tree" and it sounded good, like a sweet lullaby. Why do BKs are so prone to believe what they are told in a Raja Yoga center? Do we have in common a high degree of gullibility or a damaged psyche or an extremely low self -esteem? In any case, better saving oneself late than never!

It takes a strong heart for a BK or an ex one, to overcome the sense of delusion that springs out from acquiring all this information! Being a community with the same intent of discovering the truth, is really helpful!

BKs are committed to the Yagya, married to God, and one feels in this case like the woman who finds out the husband has not been on a business trip, but on a holiday with a lover. :sad:

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Original picture of Tree with "The 8"

Post27 Aug 2008

Your point is fair but its not a very substantial one. Their answer is "there are both"; an inverted tree of souls in the Soul World and the expansion of it in the corporeal world which is visualised the right way up.

What is slightly more interesting is that it was inspired not by God Shiva, as they say, but by a Brother seeing another religion having the same idea, according to the autobiography. This at a time when there was no "God Shiva" in their religion.

So, that blows out of the water they claims that "everything" they have is inspired by God and therefore the highest ... just as recent corporate marketing courses, the Self Management Leadership, were also developed by humans rather than the Divine. Humans that have now left the path.

arjun

PBK

Re: Original picture of Tree with "The 8"

Post01 Sep 2008

Quoted from the BK Section for reference:
"Yah drama ka raaz aur koi samajh nahee saktey. Yah chitra aadi bhi Baap nay banvaaye hain. Baba thodey hee artist tha. Yah cheez aur koi banvaa nahee saktaa hai. Yah maps hain. Yah jhaad hai, beej oopar hai. Kalpa vriksha kay neechey Jagdamba baithi hai, jo sabhi ke sukhh kee kaamnaa poori kartee hai." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 28.03.08, pg 3)

“Nobody else can understand this secret of the drama. These pictures etc. have also been got prepared by the Father. Baba was not an artist. Nobody else could have got these things prepared. These are maps. This is The Tree. The seed is above. Jagdamba, who fulfills the desire of happiness of everyone, is sitting below the Kalpa tree.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 28.03.08, pg 3 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)
Previous

Return to The BKWSU