Murli 1958 - 1969

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

John2

Murli 1958 - 1969

Post14 Feb 2023

https://www.PBKs.info/Original-Sakar-Murli.html

Does anyone know if these Hindi Murlis are translated into English?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Murli 1958 - 1969

Post16 Feb 2023

On the basis of my direct experience, the PBKs are very "strict" about the representation of the Murlis (perhaps to avoid criticisms of tampering with their meanings?).

For example, in the past, when I paragraphize the Murlis that we used to have hear to make them easier to read, they were upset because the originals were types out in one solid block of text. They were concerned that by adding paragraph breaks, I - as a mere human - was changing the meaning or emphasis.

Therefore, I don't know.

Arjun, who used to be on this form used to offer his own translations, pointing just that out. As you may remember, the way the BKs started doing it was for Jayanti, Sudesh or some other Hindi reading Senior to translate them 'on the hoof' at London morning class, which was recorded by tape recorder, then written & typed out in English. Which then because "the official" version (even though the quality was variable, and increasing degrees of editing out was happening). It was then translated into other languages in a game of Chinese Whispers.

Are these copies of the oldest existing, as unedited as possible, Sakar Murlis that still exist? If so, I suppose it would be helpful to have translations of them.

Sadly, the collection of Murlis we had in the "Encyclopedia" was 'broken' during an enforced server migration, and I've not been able to recover them. I suspect it would be possible if someone had the technical skills to do so. They came from the PBKs.

I also have a few original Hindi paper copies I cannot translate if you know someone who can.

Thanks.

John2

Post17 Feb 2023

Are these copies of the oldest existing, as unedited as possible, Sakar Murlis that still exist? If so, I suppose it would be helpful to have translations of them.

They are the oldest I've seen on the internet, but I doubt they are the oldest in existence. It has been said Navin Modi from an ex-PBK splinter group has 9000 Murlis ... So my guess is he worked in the Madhuban Murli department or knew someone who did.

I do not believe the old Murlis have been destroyed, at least not from the start of Madhuban days.

What will be interesting is a pre-Shiva Baba Murli and even ones around that time late 1940s, early 1950s or later.

There are some Brahma Baba spoken Murlis that are translated into English but only from 1964.
https://www.bksustenance.net/sakar-murli-english

I also have a few original Hindi paper copies I cannot translate if you know someone who can.

ATM, I don't know anyone but I have some Indian friends, so I'll keep digging ... is there an app for such things I wonder?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Feb 2023

John2 wrote:ATM, I don't know anyone but I have some Indian friends, so I'll keep digging ... is there an app for such things I wonder?

It would be hopeless due to the special use of language in BKism, but it might give a rough draft that could then be "BK-ised".

For a non-BK, such a translation job would be execrably boring to do. The BKs, however, could do/have done it in a snap of their fingers IF they had the will.

There are also, I think a large collection of tapes from Lekhraj Kirpalani's days onwards.

The plan with our collection was to be record each revision, of each Murli, so people could see how they had been modified over the years. But, amazingly, it garnered ZERO interest from the BK world to do so. They simply really don't care about authenticity, it's all just about expedience for them. I hear that the Sakar Murlis have been reduced down from the 4 or 5 pages they were in my day, to 1 and a bit pages today.

From 2007,
Arjun wrote:Navin Modi is a Kumar, i.e. unmarried. He is from Ahmedabad. He had a long stint with BKs. I had met him as a child, but don't remember anything about that period as I was too young. After that I met him only after becoming a PBK in the 1990s. He had probably left the PBKs at that time or was in an in & out situation after the formation of Vishnu Party. He probably had close interactions with Dashrath Patel, when Patel was a PBK and also after Patel became Baba because Patel is also from Ahmedabad. Many years later when ex-PBK Satish Bhai started a new party, I heard that Navin Modi was an important part of that party and was probably being projected as Krishna or something.

Seems some thought he was Krishna.

Return to The BKWSU