Early days Children chant Shivahom Shivahom

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

john

reforming BK

Early days Children chant Shivahom Shivahom

Post20 Jan 2012

In the Movie: THE AVINASHI SOCIAL CLUB. (around 43 mins into the movie)

Dadi Gulzar (by the use of an actor) explains how in the early days they used to face each other in meditation with the "practise of seeing the self as God" and chant Shivahom Shivahom. I wonder if this is where the famous Shivahom myth decent of God Shiva into Dada Lekhraj came from?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Early days Children chant Shivahom Shivahom

Post20 Jan 2012

I don't know, but as a matter of principle I want anything I believe about the BKs to be ratified by some 3rd or original evidence.

Robin is on the Brahma Kumaris Open Forum if you wish to ask him there. I thought the video was very good of them but I find them still a little too fond of the BKWSU to be purely objective, moreso the daughter than the Father. Did you read it ruffled feather for even it being too true to the history and was basically banned?

If we take the statement, "practise of seeing the self as God" and then look at the available publications that are available from that time, it does not match up. Their concept of God was either 'Infinite Divine Light', which they also say humans are superior to, or of deities. Perhaps they visualised each other to be deities as that was key to their religion. Likewise, I don't remember any mention of Shivohum. Other mantras, yes, but not that one.

Starring at someone and seeing weird things like face changes, is a game many teenagers play in their "experimenting with magic" or spooky phase. But perhaps this was also when dhristi started? Again, I don't know. Pure speculation on my behalf.

john

reforming BK

Re: Early days Children chant Shivahom Shivahom

Post21 Jan 2012

Overall I did not think the video was that challenging. I felt it was a bit of 'we'll admit what we have to and gloss over it' because the 1940's documentation has come to light. The portray the Indian who opposed Om Mandli as just jealous because his classes weren't doing so well, really silly and I think false. I am wondering if it was one big group who broke up and the other person, was it Sevak Ram? took his followers, just speculation on my part at the moment.
I've just joined the Brahma Kumaris Open Forum.

Return to The BKWSU