New forum for BK/PBK followers

for site notices and tech support. Please keep the main forums on topic.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: What is this forum for? Was "new forum for BK/PBK followers"

Post11 Dec 2008

Today I had a minor epiphany ... "what is this forum for?"

... as much as it is for supporting and assisting individuals who have been hurt or damaged by the Brahma Kumari movement, e.g. friend and family of BKs, it is for individuals that took the brave step to continue to grow and develop beyond the limited confines of Brahma Kumarism.

I think this came after reading the warm exchange between Joel and newcomer Leela.

There is a persistent investment by the very God of the BKs, the Brahma Kumari leadership and the adherents they live off to project ex-BKs as pathetic failures. Even the very term ex-BK is a shackle to the old persona ... as if it is being less than or part of, determined by.

I think this forum is marvelous. The big joke is ... I think that we collectively have proven the worth of the human goodness that lies most wasted within the money and status seeking Brahma Kumari movement. No one made any of you come here, no one pays your ticket to stay, no one coerces you to do anything or live your life in any specific way, no one rewards you in any way and yet you all keep come back and building up layer after layer of clear thinking and evidence to document yours and the BK experience. The spirit here is what the BKWSU should have been.

What is this forum for? To celebrate your own spiritual freedom and play.
If they want to throw **** at us ... let them. It's their decision. They can go back to the prison believing in the imminent End of the World (again), they can go back to re-write their books, the history, their websites ... let them. Don't bother wasting your time engaging with them ... they will be back when the End of the World does not come (again).

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post19 Dec 2008

Yes, I agree. Life is too precious to waste.

andrzej.w.16108

BK

Independent discussion of life in and after the BKWSU sect

Post12 Jan 2009

One question. Independent from whom or what is that discussion?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Independent discussion of life in and after the BKWSU sect

Post12 Jan 2009

Independent from the BKWSU. It is not BKWSU run. The forums are the discussion.

john

reforming BK

Post15 Jan 2009

Is the BK/PBK side of the forum still open?

admin

site admin

Post06 Feb 2009

The following message was sent out to all members.
This is to announce a new discussion forum for BK and PBK believers at;

BK-PBK.Info is under new management. It is independent from this site and no longer ex-BK run.

All memberships from the old 'brahmakumaris.info/prajapita' site have been transfered to there allowing individuals to log on as usual.

ex-BKs, friends and family etc will continue to be served by brahmakumaris.info

warrior

working towards unification

Re: New forum for BK/PBK followers

Post05 May 2009

The bk-pbk.info forum is not working?

All I get is a blank page. Is the site under maintenance?

Thanks

admin

site admin

Post05 May 2009

You need to contact: info@bk-pbk.info and inform them, not us.

BK-PBK.info is completely independent owned from this site.

jayadeepan

Post08 May 2022

Hi Brothers
Om Shanti
Do you need funding to run this website, I can donate a few dollars if you request
thanks
Jaycdp
jayadeepan

Arun1968

Post26 Nov 2022

What is your experience
+917417638112

Arun1968

Post03 Dec 2022

How many active members are there in this forum,any one can mail me
ajitroadways2013@gmail.com
What's app +917417638112

Pink Panther

Post05 Dec 2022

There are Total members 4519 who've signed up since this site was launched - but very few will be active. Most are passive readers, some will be be posting stuff for a short time then moving on in life. You can see on the Forum topics listing how many views any thread has had.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post07 Dec 2022

Arun1968 wrote:How many active members are there in this forum?

Unfortunately, we've never really attracted a lot of active members from India where, surely, most of the victims must be.

I guess that's mostly because of the language barrier but perhaps it's also because culturally Indians use other media, like Facebook or whatever. Perhaps they access the internet via a phone rather then PC, & the forum is not user friendly for that. I don't know. Perhaps you could advise us where Indians talk with themselves? It would be good if more could be put out in Hindi and minority Indian languages.

There do seem to be a lot of Indians speaking out about the BKs on the Quora website. I think it would be a better place to start.

Has the mainstream media ever been critical about the BKs?

Arun1968

Post08 Dec 2022

We are in the process of uniting those who are directly or indirectly affected by BKism.

We are sure that many left the center / Madhuban have moved on in their lives, but are badly affected after exiting the BKs. Either they are suffering from hopelessness, depression, psychic attacks. Some are living under the guilt that they can not make it and are weaker souls. They fail to obey the Shrimat and deserve the lowest status in heaven.

Many are still continuing inside the organization because they are aged and finding no place to land on.

Secondly BKs trap innocent housewives living in their homes and when their husbands go out to work, in the afternoon time they go to BK centers, get brainwashed which results in the home disputes and clash with their husbands and children. Many couples have already been separated due to this reason only. The innocent children are suffering due to their parents’ involvement into the BKs.

Our intention is to unite the affected ones and spread the awareness among people on some higher level.
Your direction/idea will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Dec 2022

Arun1968 wrote:We are in the process of uniting those who are directly or indirectly affected by BKism ...

I think you've identified the two main areas, although I'd put them in the other order for the sake of the mainstream media.

Damage to family harmony, and damage to children's welfare and their relationships with their Father, are two issues that the BKs have been criticised about since the 1930s, and are two issues that basically everyone cares about.

The problems that ex-members have, particularly women who are encouraged to have no training, no real world education, no children, and then have no one to support them in later life are all very real, but I'd suspect that outsiders would be less sympathetic towards, or understanding about them, because it was their own choice. Even though 'undue influence' is also very really, and the BKs have a very sneaky way of brainwashing people into their beliefs.

There may be an angle there you could appeal to feminists/women's rights activists as, again, the BKs have also been criticised and attacked by them, from Bengali intellectuals, all the way down to the Pink Gang.

You are absolutely right to pick up on the way in which the BKs exploit the opportunity to hook women first, especially wealthy/middle class women who have more time and money and, hence, are not working. This, again, is precisely how they started among the wealthy bhaibund caste. And, yes, having hooked the wives they then go for the children, and they and the wives then exploit the children to attack the husbands, often to go as far as encouraging divorces in order to get the property.

We can discuss the stages or steps they go through to reject the non-BK partners from their own properties.

I guess in India you have the same growing interests in "Men's Rights", and so this would be an angle for them.

I forget, were you a BK or was someone in your family a BK?

Thank you.
PreviousNext

Return to Admin