Alternate spiritual movements

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

sukshmbindu

Alternate spiritual movements

Post23 Sep 2020

Hi all,

This is sukshmbindu from India.
I have come across two channeling organizations from this forum.
Both I find very helpful for my personal happiness, wisdom and spiritual development.
Please share your reviews on these or any other alternate sources you follow.
Thank you.

Another authentic source I found on my own is "channeling Jesus and Ananda" by "Tina Louise Spalding".

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Alternate spiritual movements

Post24 Sep 2020

I like the Tao Te Ching, and stories and sayings of many of the Sufi masters, like Nasrudin. Especially the funny stories.

One saying I remember is, "Trust in God, but tie your camel down". It means, you can believe in whatever you like ... but don't forget to do all the practical things in life.

By careful to remain grounded and not just swop one unfounded faith with another. The only thing reliable about spiritual channel is that it is ultimately unreliable.

Pink Panther

Re: Alternate spiritual movements

Post26 Sep 2020

ex-l wrote:"Trust in God, but tie your camel down". It means, you can believe in whatever you like ... but don't forget to do all the practical things in life.

These days I trust in the camel and tie God down - to one thing. If someone uses the word ”god”, can it be replaced with the word ”Life” or ”benefit” or ”pragmatism”. If it can be, then we have a common association with the concept of God and please feel free to live by your God’s teachings. .

If their God is one that denies or devalues Life, that values abstract ideas above lives, human and otherwise, or the planet itself, or the blessing that is living fully, enjoyably, here, now, then sorry, that’s just a cover for your problems.

That is, it’s my camel that defines God!

The impenetrability of Allah is simply reminding us to keep ego and hubris in check. It is saying, in different language, what Shakespeare’s character Hamlet said :
"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy”

or more recently
”groove is in the heart"

Return to Anything goes