Open Source Yoga Unity

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Open Source Yoga Unity

Post15 Oct 2008

Utterly cool ... here come the cavalry ... Open Source Yoga Unity.

So why cannot the Brahma Kumaris be so enlightened !?!
0pen-source-yoga.gif
0pen-source-yoga.gif (11.16 KiB) Viewed 4394 times

OSYU wrote:Bikram Choudhury ("Bikram") was sued in Federal Court by Open Source Yoga Unity ("OSYU"), a collective of Yoga studios that challenged his interpretation of copyright law. The lawsuit resulted in a confidential settlement agreement. Any person or studio threatened by Bikram with a legal action for the violation of his intellectual property is encouraged to contact OSYU's attorney James Harrison at James@jphlawoffice.com.

May 3, 2005 - CASE SETTLED
    Bikram and OSYU announced today that they have settled the litigation between them involving OSYU's claim that Bikram's copyrights and trademarks relating to BIKRAM Yoga are invalid, and that Bikram engaged in copyright misuse by sending out cease and desist letters. The parties have reached a mutually satisfactory resolution of their differences, and the lawsuit has been dismissed.

Both sides expressed their pleasure that they have put this matter behind them, and look forward to working together in the future to continue to bring the benefits of Yoga to the world.

OUR MISSION

Open Source Yoga Unity (OSYU), a non-profit California corporation, was formed to provide a common voice, and the pooling of resources, to resist the enforcement of the copyright protection of any Yoga style thereby ensuring its continued natural unfettered practice for all to enjoy and develop.

While we appreciate the teachings of Bikram Choudhury and other Yoga teachers, we do not believe that they have the legal right to impose control over another's Yoga teaching or practice. Yoga exists in the public domain.

For hundreds, even thousands of years, the wisdom of Yoga has evolved and grown in the hearts and minds of teachers and students.

We encourage the free flow of information, including the wisdom of Yoga, to all people.

yogi108

BK

Re: Open Source Yoga

Post16 Oct 2008

Good find ... We should ideally send this post of Dadi Janki ... and Jayanti Kriplani to at least get free use of the Murlis ... obviously the unedited version of the old ones at least ...

Yogi

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Open Source Yoga

Post16 Oct 2008

yogi108 wrote:Good find ... We should ideally send this post of Dadi Janki ...

I remember a quote from The Godfather III ... "Real power cannot be given. It must be taken." I wonder how much Janki Kripalani know about what is going on and how much of her own little money-sucking bubble she lives in? I mean, does she get the letters people send her? It is so divine to ignore serious professional ethical abuses within HER organization?

I mean ... how much do her courtiers allow to go past them?
People I have spoken to think Jayanti's Yoga appears to be to do rigidly what SHE thinks ... except if Janki tells her otherwise and then to do EXACTLY what Janki told her. But who controls the translation? In my opinion, she should have dropped out more before she signed up for the Brahma Kumaris and gotten back into the slippery Sindhi status climbing game. I mean, sucking up to old farts in interfaith groups and politics is not that cool ... even if it does deliver the Mullah. Every one knows that.

Open Source, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Rocking the Boat and going out on your own from time to time is cool ... the real God of good works in this way.
I have written to OSYU. I am going to prepare a challenge for them ... or at the very least a defence that will make their skin crawl if they try anything on with their newly afforded trademarks. Intelligent independent BKs need to act. Change has to come from within too. If they try ... everyone will know how much they sink and suck and it will be the end of their reputation in the West.

Has anyone been following how Anonymous are humiliating Scientology into positive change and giving up on the legal threat front? I will post another thread on that topic soon.

Return to Anything goes