Brahma beer

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Brahma beer

Post25 Aug 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_(beer)

I heard a Sister (Rona Schweitz) in Santo Domingo, hired a lawyer to claim this name (Brahma). Anyone know about it??

Brahma_beer.jpg

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Brahma beer

Post25 Aug 2008

I have never heard of this. If is is true, then it is a perfect example of "more money than sense". Do you mean Saint Domingue or Dominican Republic? I cannot find anywhere that says the BKWSU has a center there but Rona is listed as being center-in-charge in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.

Brahma Beer was established in 1888, it is the 5th biggest beer brand in the world and the BKWSU do not exactly have a monopoly on the word Brahma ... so it sounds like a joke. Brahma is also the name of a chicken. What are they going to do ... sue a chicken too?

Brahma.jpg
Brahma.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 10777 times

bansy

Post28 Aug 2008

A bottle of this in one hand and a Murli on the other hand, how more totally intoxicated can one get :D.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Aug 2008

I haven't tried it, I'll do some research and come back to you.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post28 Aug 2008

Read Bansy's post again and cheers!!!

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post29 Aug 2008

Oh boy! This brings back joyful memories of me being freshly ground into Gyan, and 'wanting' to go to morning class, but still not wanting to let go of the party nights. So what did I do - Both!

Went to morning class straight from the club I did. Can only imagine the tests I placed those sari clad Sisters under at the time. Amongst many other tests too. Oh well, they were 'soul conscious', eh? :D

alladin

no label

double service

Post29 Aug 2008

Another merging, or contamination, of lokik and alokik habits is that of waking up for Amrit Vela and join a party at dawn, Goa hippies call it "good, morning energy". For health freaks only. Taking the relay from people who are collapsing, having been drinking and taking drugs all night whilst you were resting peacefully - in Baba's arms ;).

Going straight from a party to the Murli? Well, the younger you are, the easier it is. Paul, either you were very young or in a good stage of soul consciousness, flying! So you were doing double service to two different communities: at parties and in class! Bravo! All rounder, you gave your bones in it!

When people suggest that the BK routine is such that cult :D members undersleep, they will typically reply that a yogi soul doesn't need as many hours of sleep as an ordinary person. It's the quality of your thoughts during the day that ensures that a short rest can be enough to recharge you. I totally agree with that; stress and negative thoughts drain you. If you stay up all night or part of it, doing creative and gratifying things, you can still be efficient the next day, in my experience at least!

Now I need a nap, my eyelids are closing ...

frisbee

ex-BK

Post22 Jan 2009

"Effort Bitter" ? Or even...

new-pb.jpg
new-pb.jpg (13.01 KiB) Viewed 10425 times

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Jan 2009

Nah, the Brahma Kumaris don't drink beer ... they are all into stout, Sweetheart Stout and, in many case, "Extra Stout".

Perhaps we should develop our own brands of alcohol to toast leaving the Brahma Kumaris, like ...

a brand of 190 proof Polish Spirit called "Total Destruction"
    an Absinth called Kalpa (you think you are in heaven at first but then it turns out to be hell, you wish you could die and lose consciousness but then you repeat the whole cycle over again the next day)
    a rough Cider called "Its your karma!™" (bound to come back up on you)
    a Vodka called "The Bodiless State" or
    a full-bodied wine called, "The senior Sisters told me do it".
Sorry, that last one should read whine ... how intoxicating.
BK-stout.jpg
BK-stout.jpg (24.75 KiB) Viewed 10429 times

frisbee

ex-BK

Post23 Jan 2009

True true - so many are lager than necessary. Perhaps the cure is to vinash off a bottle of "Total Destruction".

Return to Anything goes