1st Annual ex-BK Retreat

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bro neo

ex-BK

1st Annual ex-BK Retreat

Post19 Apr 2007

Online.

Just an idea, anyone interested or want to help organize it? My initial Idea is to open a Paltalk room, its free to join and chat and open, and on a specific day at a specific time maybe we can have a scheduled meeting.

Perhaps we could have a meeting in a 12 step online group meeting format, where a topic is presented at the beginning and there are general guidelines for sharing, ie: one person shares at a time and everyone else is an active listener, and when the person is done sharing they type ‘done’ and then the next person who wants to share types a ‘!’. There is a secretary who chairs the meeting to keeps idiots from speaking inappropriately (as stated by the guidelines at the begging of the meeting) and uninvited parties out of the meeting.

Anonymity of course will be welcome to all who participate.

Humans are social animals. Our emotions for the most part, if not totally, are based on our social relationships. When we joined the BKs most of us thought it was the social paradise that we all want. When we left, it’s like the greatest joy possible to humans is also taken away, seemingly forever. A retreat such as above mentioned can help in the healing process or can be a live chat room to let off some steam.

If there is a sufficient response I will be happy to help organize it. :)

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: 1st Annual ex-BK Retreat

Post19 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:Just an idea, anyone interested or want to help organize it? My initial Idea is to open a Paltalk room, its free to join and chat and open, and on a specific day at a specific time maybe we can have a scheduled meeting.

I think it is a great idea BUT whatever solution you propose MUST be Open Source and operating system agnositic. This Paltalk appears to be 'Windows Only' and I know there are a number of Mac and Unix users on the forum.

A simple ICQ forum (check link) would be a great backend to this forum allowing who ever is online at any one time and would allow for real time emotional support. Most folks, even MSN users, could get their heads around using ICQ. If there is a ICQ-type chat in a webpage, then fine, but the real thing is better ... quicker and less browser problems. So if there is an ICQ channel that can also be followed by a folk with a webbrowser, then that could be the solution. My 2c.

Our official birthday was the 1st of April but may be there is another more significant date coming up.

May be some guru could brew up our own instant chat forum for this website? Otherwise; Comparison of instant messaging clients

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post19 Apr 2007

Interesting ideas, how about a pub crawl? One day I'll learn to be serious ... Actually, no I won't.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post19 Apr 2007

mr green wrote:Interesting ideas, how about a pub crawl?

I should imagine amongst BK and ex-BK that would be a very short pub crawl ... no tolerance or accommodation power is going to help you if you are not used to alcohol.

No, if someone can work out how to register a regular ICQ/Chat channel, it would be a good thing. With folks all around the world, we could clock on when ever and where ever we are and offer 24/7 (-ish) support.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post20 Apr 2007

ex-l wrote:May be some guru could brew up our own instant chat forum for this website?

This is a grand idea. It would be the easiest solution for us. I don't know if the site owner would want too though, there are pros and cons. ICQ seems to be a good alternative. I think you can actually put an ICQ chat room onto a webpage with some code.
mr green wrote:Interesting ideas, how about a pub crawl?

I, personally, was actually thinking more along the lines of meeting for a night out at Ministry of Sound, London. Then I thought about bro neo's Bandara :cry: and decided to quickly and quietly squelch the idea.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post25 Apr 2007

Latest Update!

We are a big step closer to having an ex-BK retreat. To all the forum members that sent messages, to the Admin or that spread the word about a potential meeting of minds, our wish is fructifying!

We have a place to meet. Your input on improvements would be appreciated and blessings from all of us go to the site owner for his time and $. Perhaps we could designate a time to have an informal meeting in the room? A poll would be good. We could ask when is the best time of the week for people to have a meeting. Otherwise it’s a hit and miss to see if any of us are in there.

"The longest journey starts with a single step."- Lao Tse

sparkal

BK supporter

Post28 Apr 2007

A meeting? I am completely strung out. I have not had a meeting in a very long time, yipee!. :P

You can text those of us who are on the pub crawl :shock: as to what is going on. Perhaps we could get a live link to the various pubs, then on to the Ministry of Silly Walks, or was it Sound? Otherwise, it could be interesting. What if everyone becomes tongue tied all at the same time? One of those uncomfortable silences :).

I, personally, don't have a web conection at the moment, so would probably miss most of them for the time being. And ... your round, Mr Green :P.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post28 Apr 2007

Hey, no worries sparkal. What's your poison? :wink:

ex-l

ex-BK

Post28 Apr 2007

sparkal wrote:What if everyone becomes tongue tied all at the same time ... one of those uncomfortable silences :) ?

We will call it a bhatti instead.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post28 Apr 2007

An alternative Retreat Program

1st Annual ex-BK 7-day retreat in Pataya, Thailand

Colorful and alive with activity, Pattaya is unrivaled as a beach resort. It is in a class of its own, offering more attractions in greater profusion than any other single destination in Thailand. Day and night, Pattaya presents an ever changing kaleidoscope of fun and thrills.

Day 1. Arrive, meet with all your long lost and now found ex-BK Brothers and Sisters at The Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya. Drink cocktails on the beach and bath in the hot Thailand sun as you find your self and share who you’ve become with your fellow ex-BKs.

Day 2. There is no God! Special class given by zhuk himself! Contemplate suicide in one of the loveliest places on the planet, but don’t do it! Because tomomorrow is ...

Day 3. Welcome to Maya’s world!

Experience the joys of lust and gluttony! Don’t forget to show just how Pukka you are at the all night Bhatti in Pattaya’s featured all night underground rave party. Location is undisclosed because of Thailand’s curfew laws.

Day 4. Wake up after a night of dancing and orgies to a very special 4pm Amrit Vela, guided and with commentary by ex-BK Mr. Green.

Day 5. Miss the good old cold bitterness of morning class? Not today, ex-l will chill your souls with the world premiere of “The Secrets of BKWSU”.

Day 6. There will be a special morning class given by BK sparkal on this day. Everyone is encouraged not to go and sleep in with who ever, or whatever, they picked up the night before. BK sparkal included.

Day 7. By day 7 you should be on cloud 9! But if you’re like most ex-BKs your Bandara will likely to be almost dried up, especially from spending on the booze, whores, and drugs. Finance problems, problem back at home, newly acquired drug and sex problems? Don’t worry, be Karmateet! How to become Karmateet in 30-days, class given by Brother Neo.

Charges for all classes will be individually priced by the teacher and there will be no refunds. Brahmakumaris.info is in no way affiliated to the 1st Annual ex-BK 7-day retreat in Pataya, Thailand. Not yet anyways ...

joel

ex-BK

Post28 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:An alternative Retreat Program

1st Annual ex-BK 7-day retreat in Pataya, Thailand

Yeah, you prudes! Say it LOUD. Sex!!! Booze!! We'll kick everybody's a$$es. Make them have to use their spooky Yoga POWER on us! Like crosses and garlic held out toward vampires. Tearing people's guts out by knives in dharamraj-puri, that final punishment for the boy and girl who find pleasure playing with their bodies.

alladin

no label

shocking

Post29 Apr 2007

Given that the forum gets read in BK offices for espionage purposes, are you purposely writing such shocking things in order for them to have a heart attack??

Would anybody like posting me for suggestions about where and when we could get together in the very near future for leisure and sharing? Thailand, sure, but soon is rainy season :lol: What about some Greek island or uncrowded Brasilian beach? Any suggestions??

Love to all.

zhuk

non-BK

Post29 Apr 2007

^^hehe while we're talking travel ... how about Bondi? And make it easy for me lol.

Although the drinks/assorted "entertainment"/police bribes won't be nearly so cheap as Pataya :P.

alladin

no label

countries

Post29 Apr 2007

Careful, this maybe a trap through which we reveal too much about where we are from!!!

di

friends or family of a BK

Post29 Apr 2007

I'll second Bondi, I am on the train. Are friends and family invited to this worldly gathering or just BKs and ex-Bks?
Next

Return to Commonroom