I want to marry a Brahma Kumar

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

namrta6

Post28 Dec 2017

I am a follower of Brahma Kumaris for 5 years.

Now I want to marry with Brahma Kumar. Please help me for finding a Brahma Kumar.

amit7285

Re: I want to marry with brahmakumar

Post01 Jan 2019

Hi,

My uncle is a BK. He is not that old, he's just our relation.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: I want to marry a Brahma Kumar

Post03 Jan 2019

namrta6 wrote:Now I want to marry with Brahma Kumar. Please help me for finding a Brahma Kumar.

Welcome Namrta6.

I am wondering what changes in your life or understanding makes you want to marry now?

Are you a surrendered Sister or living in a centre?

After marriage, do you want to continue following the Brahma Kumaris, or start a new life and having children etc?

What is the attraction to a Brahma Kumar?

Thank you.

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

Post04 Jan 2019

Is it not against Shrimat now? ;)

In our days (Year 2000 or so), thinking of getting married was the biggest betrayal. Once a BK always a BK. As per BK definition, one who is married to god only IS a BK. He/She should not even think of any dehdhari as it would be treated as divorcing GOD.

I was Kumar BK till 2010 and remain unmarried thereafter. :sad:

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Jan 2019

because.parmeshwar wrote:I was Kumar BK till 2010 and remain unmarried thereafter. :sad:

BP meet namrta6, namrta6 meet BP.

Obviously, I support and encourage any BK to make their own decisions in life. I only suggest that there is honesty and clarity in those decisions and ask questions that, I hope, might lead to them.

Yes, you raise an important issue, BP ... for me also, wanting to be a BK and wanting to be married are mutually conflicting and I would be concerned that the individual was still conflicted and setting themselves up for further conflict in their life.

On the other hand, perhaps it is just a first, honest, step away from BKism.

The question I would ask them is, what do they want to become, a BK or married? Which path and destination do they wish to follow?

The only response I would condemn is that if they wanted to be a BK ... but financially supported by a husband, like women who were married before they became BKs.

But, who knows ... perhaps some BK male would accept taking on a sexless marriage, and wife as a female houseservant, who also did some unpaid labour for the BKs too.

We may not be help to help namrta find a husband or sponsor, but we might be able to help her find what she really wants in life.

Return to Commonroom