New timeline for the Golden Age

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: New timeline for the Golden Age

Post03 Apr 2019

Pink Panther wrote:I’ve never seen that part of that interview with Sheila before.

I found it interesting that 'Ma Anand Sheela' was born as Sheela Ambalal Patel. Just like the BKs, he used a Patel as his business manager.

I am thinking of Jayanti Kirpalani's apprentice, Manda Patel as I write.

Looking at the interview through the cool, detached lens of an ex-cultist ... Ma Anand Sheela is clearly 'Bat Sh*t Crazy', to use the technical term. And her delivery reminds me of some of the more strident BK leaders.

She says, "the first to combine capitalism with religion" ... Really?

It's all about the "you dare challenge me" delivery.

I appreciate the BKs have developed a softer new agey facade in the front, but BKism was full of that kind of idiocy, and may well still be in India ... I remember them going on about stuff like how, "see the Pope and Vatican, they never challenges us" (... therefore what we must be teaching is true and unchallengeable).

Followed by a policy of always avoiding public debates with pundits and scholars.

There is another very recent interview with her, not very indepth one though, and she's still crazy ... but, hey, in her mind, she's "the winner" and we are all losers. If you can cope with a slow speed and translations, there's another one, here, too. Seems she's got a second career doing the rounds as an ex-cult guru.

Really, it is about time these religionists were given the contempt they are due.

I think there is something about cultures with no social safety nets that drives and keeps people in states of conscienceless amorality, just in order to survive.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.

Oh, yes, I am absolutely sure about that. But then, on the other hand, I thought about it and ...
Previous

Return to Commonroom