The Murlis: Ownership, access to and re-writing of

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2007

joel wrote:In the ears of the beholder, methinks.

So you mean because that God is "elementary and superficial" (and lower middle class) because the audience is "elementary and superficial" (and lower middle class). I might go along with that. You are awful quick to dive off into the mire of subjectivity Joel.

Objectively, yes. I think that unless God ShivBrahma had come up with some new material, he would probably have lost his recording contract a long time ago. And his bandhara operates to the same principles as McDonalds. "330 Million served to date!". 330,000,000 identical McMeditations with McKnowledge Nuggets, Fried McMaryadas and a Shaken Stage on the side.

The god of the BKs is not God. "God has left the building ..." as they used to say of Elvis.

*Ha! The BKs will probably snitch me up to McDonalds now for irony infrindgement.

joel

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2007

ex-l wrote:So you mean because that God is "elementary and superficial" (and lower middle class) because the audience is "elementary and superficial" (and lower middle class).

A lot of oldsters thought rock music was "elementary and superficial" compared to the intricacies of classical music. But much of it has aged very well, still sounds fresh today, and rates as significant artistic achievement.

A lot of BKs find depth and variety in the Avyakt Murlis. I understand that the sentences are extremely long and grammatically intricate, astonishingly so to those who understand Hindi. Some people love blues and listen all the time, some find the same old scales to be tiring. It is a value judgment, aesthetic judgment, is my point. Apparently in the earlier days Avyakt BapDada got his creds by speaking to people with deep knowledge of their lives that previously only BB had.

We don't criticise doctors or mechanics for sticking to procedures that work. Avyakt BapDada's style may not work for many of us, but He does seem to satisfy many BKs. Those that aren't satisfied, they leave, as we did.

Regards

alladin

no label

avyakts have changed style!

Post04 Apr 2007

Who knows what's going on, really! But myself and other old BKs I was talking to, were commenting on how Avyakt Murli used to be so touching, so full of deep inspiring points whereas now it feels as if by missing one, you don't loose such a bagful of diamonds. True, pages and pages of group melas and blah blah. One can just read through them without pausing, superficial stuff! Billie Jean, was my world :cry:

I am happy I kept the old ones. I can pull them out anytime and probably still enjoy. WHY, WHY all this? I have the patience to wait and see Drama unfold, whilst keeping the lock on intellect open. In the meantime, "please let me live my life". Just in case it's all crap. I'll have less regrets! :wink:

joel

ex-BK

Re: avyakts have changed style!

Post04 Apr 2007

alladin wrote:Who knows what's going on, really! But myself and other old BKs I was talking to, were commenting on how Avyakt Murli used to be so touching, so full of deep inspiring points, whereas now, it feels as if by missing one, u don't loose such a bagful of diamonds. True, pages and pages of group melas and bla bla. Can just read through them without pausing, superficial stuff!

Maybe Dadi Gulzar is burning out and needs a new career. Incidentally, I was surprised to hear (so many years ago) that she actually ate in-flight meals. Probably she watched the movies, too. Many long-time BKs are less ... ah... Nazi-ish about BK rules. I slept in a center once on a floor with several Indian Brothers. No one was up until after 5am. And some people get so shrill about it all. I took Amrit Vela meditation seriously, tho I was sleeping most of the time for about ten years, let's see ... 300 days x 10 years x 1/2 hour = 1,500 hours of sitting in semi-sleep state, hoping Godly intoxication would fill me with knowledge and joy.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2007

joel wrote:We don't criticise doctors or mechanics for sticking to procedures that work. Avyakt BapDada's style may not work for many of us, but He does seem to satisfy many BKs. Those that aren't satisfied, they leave, as we did.

Bad analogy. I used to work with grease monkeys. I walk into a workshop now and I feel like one of the pre-evolutionary apes from the 2001 AD Movie. (I do not suppose a BK ever owned an Audi or watched Formula 1?) Ditto medicine, when they discovered that they were killing 100,000s of patients a year, the doctors actually stopped "time-worn procedures" and start practising "evidence-based therapies".

Just because subjectively "a lot of BKs find depth and variety in the Avyakt Murlis", it does not mean that objectively there is a lot of depth and variety in them.

It could equally be said that BKs are just hypnotised, or socially controlled, to believe they are finding depth and variety or inventing it were it does not exist because they are otherwise starved of input material. Objectively, by their system, all of those individuals you are talking about here were just low status BK, or not real BKs, as we used to say.

I think the spooky, BK-apologist, psychic tendrils are starting to weave their way back through your mind, Joel ... "it all depends on the way you see it ... that is your opinion ... you can see it your way and I can see it mine ... leave the door open for doubt ... leave the door open for me to come back in" ... Yikes, let's have some nice Platonic Absolutes around here.

As for the BK Seniors, the Communist Party would have been a better analogy. The Nazis were quite upfront, organized and efficient about things. Once the Politburo realised that they had usurped the Tzars, they realised that they did not have to live like they told the peasants any more. And moreso that the peasants were easy to control and just as happy to follow them as the Tzars before them. "We are not gurus ..." etc

john

reforming BK

Post04 Apr 2007

joel wrote:We don't criticise doctors or mechanics for sticking to procedures that work. Avyakt BapDada's style may not work for many of us, but He does seem to satisfy many BKs. Those that aren't satisfied, they leave, as we did.

BKs are satisfied because they think they are going to the Golden Age for following this stuff.

I think there is repetition because, as ex-l says, 'God has left the building' and it is some other soul giving the Avyakt Vanis.
    Avyakt Vanis are getting less and less, how many a year? 10 ... less?
    Is that really a God giving guidance as times get tougher?
    What ever happened to the 'Ocean of Knowledge'?
    'If all the wood was turned to paper all the ocean to ink there still wouldn't be enough to write all of God's knowledge' ...
Well, where is it?

driedexbk

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2007

Yes, where is it?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post19 Apr 2007

driedexbk wrote:Yes, where is it?

Me too ... its just around the next corner, we promise you ... the corner just before Destruction.

An interesting little Murli insight from "A Unique Experience" by Dada Vishwa Ratan talking about the Om Mandli days, about 1938 in Karachi.
Dada Vishwa Ratan wrote:"The first lesson. She told me who God is, what He is and what He does. I was charmed. She asked me to come for the third day and in this way I completed the seven-day course.

(note: I did not know the 7 days course was this early, what did they teach because he had not "allegedly" invented The Tree or The Cycle yet. Do we have a date for it?)

I had no questions, everything fitted perfectly in my mind and I now got a permit to attend regular morning class and began to do so punctually. In those days Baba got up in the morning, noted down some points and sent them to the Senior Sister's bungalow. A Sister revised them and came to class and explained them according to her understanding, rather than simply reading them out.

So, the plot thickens. Who was the Sister and why did "God" albeit Brahma or Shiva, require a Sister to revise them? But nice to see where the sanskar or re-writing Baba's words comes from!

My feeling, based on the evidence that Dada Vishwa Ratan or the BKWSU is telling little fibs again in this book, is that perhaps we are talking about the earlier mediums, or perhaps the so-called Golden Circle. He does not state Mama or Om Radhe. He names other original BKs.
    So why not such a pertinent individual that clarified the "Divine Decrees"?
Unless of course, they want to cover up something ...

arjun

PBK

Post21 Apr 2007

Omshanti. Now the situation in the Yagya is such that the BK Administration does not want the Murlis to reach the general public, the PBKs and even many of the BKs who long for it. But in the beginning of the Yagya or during the days of Brahma Baba, the BKs used to make special efforts to deliver Murlis to the fellow BKs who were in bondages and could not attend the daily classes. This is evident from the following Murli quote:

“Bachhon ko padhnaa bhi kaaydeysir hai. Ek din bhi absent nahee rahnaa hai. Bhal beemaar ho, khaat par padey ho toh bhi buddhi may ShivBaba kee Yaad rahey....Shuru may bachhey Murli bigar ek din bhi rah nahee saktey thay, kitnaa tadaptey thay. (Class may badi bahinon nay geet sunaaya – teri Murli may jaadoo...) Baandheliyon ko kaisey Murli pahunchaatey thay. Murli may hee jaadoo hai na. Kaun Silver Age jaadoo? Vishwa kaa maalik ban-ney ka jaadoo. Is say badaa jaadoo koi hota nahee. Toh us samay Murli ka tumko kitnaa kadar tha. Murli pahunchaaney ke liye kitnaa prayatna kartey thay. Samajhtey thay padhaai bigar bichaarey ka kya haal hoga! Yahaan Baba jaantey hain bahut aisey bachhey hain jo Murli par poora dhyaan hee nahee detey hain. Murli toh bachhon ko refresh karti hai. Bhagwaan jo tumko vishwa ka maalik banaatey hain, unki Murli nahee sunengey toh Bhagwaan teacher kya kahengey. Baba ko wonder lagtaa hai. Chaltey-chaltey bahut bachhon ko Maya ka toofaan aisa lagtaa hai jo Murli padhna, class may aana chod detey hain. Gyaan say nafrat mana Baba say nafrat. Baap say nafrat mana vishwa ki baadshaahi say nafrat.” (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli dinaank 12.01.07, pg 1&2)

“Children must study properly. One must not remain absent even for a day. Even if you are sick, even if you are lying on a bed, the intellect should remember ShivBaba ...In the beginning children could not live without Murli even for a day. They used to become restless without it. (The senior Sisters sang a song in the class – there is magic in your Murli...) How the Murlis used to be delivered to Bandhelis (Sisters/mothers in bondages)!

There is magic in the Murlis alone. Which magic? The magic of becoming the Masters of the world. There is no magic greater than this. So, at that time you used to have so much value for Murlis. So much effort used to be made to deliver Murlis. They used to feel that what would be his/her condition without the study! Here Baba knows that there are many such children who do not pay full attention to Murlis at all. Murlis refresh the children. If you do not listen to the Murli of God, who makes you Master of the world, then what would God-the teacher say? Baba wonders.

While following the path of knowledge, many children are struck by storms of Maya in such a way that they stop reading Murlis and coming to the class. Hatred for The Knowledge means hatred for Baba. Hatred for the Father means hatred for the emperorship of the world.”
(Revised Sakar Murli dated 12.01.07, pg 1 & 2 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba, translated by a PBK)

Here we have hundreds or thousands of thirsty souls who wish to read Murlis, but the guardians of God are not allowing the water of knowledge to reach the thirsty souls!!!!

ShivBaba is telling that at that time children used to have so much value for Murlis, but probably He deliberately did not reveal at that time that after the demise of Brahma Baba His children would use pieces of Murlis to distribute toli (sweets)!!!!

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Apr 2007

arjun wrote:So, at that time you used to have so much value for Murlis. So much effort used to be made to deliver Murlis. They used to feel that what would be his/her condition without the study!

Here we have hundreds or thousands of thirsty souls who wish to read Murlis, but the guardians of God are not allowing the water of knowledge to reach the thirsty souls!!!!ShivBaba is telling that at that time children used to have so much value for Murlis, but probably He deliberately did not reveal at that time that after the demise of Brahma Baba His children would use pieces of Murlis to distribute toli (sweets)!!!

Ha ... And there you have it folks!!! Like fried potatoes in old newspapers (the cheapest of food in the West, the BKs used to deliver sweeties in the original Murlis. So now we know where they went! Its astonishing. Now, as this website proves, at the touch of a button over a 1 Billion people on the internet could have access to the Murlis, and if they printed them off, all of their friends and family.

And what do the BKWSU do? Lock them away behind passwords and encyption keys even from those loyal children who are just too old, in bondage too far away or in the Army etc.
    But, on the bright side, they have opened a sweetie shop at Mount Abu!!!

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post27 Apr 2007

john wrote:I think there is repetition because, as ex-l says, 'God has left the building' and it is some other soul giving the Avyakt Vanis.

I, personally, think there's repetition because souls arent changing their patterns. We know about that. We've had experiences with enough center teachers and instruments who are stuck in their non-accepting state, which is probably the major factor in so many souls leaving or not taking benefit.

The main homework this year related to not internalising negative feelings about souls who are doing something we would consider to be "wrong" but I am sure its not the first time BapDada said that. Souls obviously are not changing this (self included) and that's why its coming up; and do not forget the volumes of new BKs in India who are coming.

With regard to what God is up to when he's not part of speaking AV Murlis, well I think the following Sakar Murli quote probably still applies even more today; " I come here to teach you. Then I go back to My home. I remain very busy at this time. I am the Bestower of Divine Vision. Therefore I have to please the devotees. " SM 29/07/00.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 Apr 2007

yudhishtira wrote:With regard to what God is up to when he's not part of speaking AV Murlis, well I think the following Sakar Murli quote probably still applies even more today; " I come here to teach you. Then I go back to My home. I remain very busy at this time. I am the Bestower of Divine Vision. Therefore I have to please the devotees. " SM 29/07/00.

When did he say this ... 1960 what? Has BapDada mentioned 'Duty of Care', openness or accountability yet?

john

reforming BK

Post30 Apr 2007

yudhishtira wrote:With regard to what God is up to when he's not part of speaking AV Murlis, well I think the following Sakar Murli quote probably still applies even more today; " I come here to teach you. Then I go back to My home. I remain very busy at this time. I am the Bestower of Divine Vision. Therefore I have to please the devotees. " SM 29/07/00.
Yudhishtira

It has to be said. OK, how often does BapDada come to see BKs? 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 times a year? That to me says he has a lot more important things to do than visit BKs in the remaining 300 odd days left each year.
" I come here to teach you. Then I go back to My home."

He comes, then when all teaching is done returns home is another plausible interpretation, the quote doesn't necessarily mean he returns home everyday.

john

reforming BK

Post09 May 2007

arjun wrote:Here we have hundreds or thousands of thirsty souls who wish to read Murlis, but the guardians of God are not allowing the water of knowledge to reach the thirsty souls!!!!

Are there any party line official objections from the BKSWU as to why the Murlis can not be published or available to all?
the PBKs and even many of the BKs who long for it.

Are you saying PBKs want the Murlis to be available to all? Is this Virendra Dev Dixit's wish?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post10 May 2007

john wrote:Are there any party line official objections from the BKSWU as to why the Murlis can not be published or available to all?

I posted their official line on this somewhere else, I'll find it if I can.
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom