Global Brahma Kumaris

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Global Brahma Kumaris

Post05 Nov 2009

tom wrote:Madhuban local citizens have no chance anymore to buy real estates in Madhuban, their space becomes smaller when their children get married and can not move into their own homes. The real estate prices are every year getting so high due to the rush of international BKs who come to buy homes around Madhuban, the local citizens can not compete with them.

I suspect not so many international BKs but also rich middle class Indians from the big cities too. Or perhaps money from Indians with businesses abroad. I'd love to see a proper land survey of this done and to hear the opinions of the locals.

From a 'proper' BK point of view, it would be wrong, ridiculous and unnecessary it is closeness in consciousness, or 'purity', not geography that counts ... what is this all about? The Rich BKs buying their private comfort at the cost of poorer locals whose families have be resident there for generations?

I see the power of capitalism ... Mammon actually ... rules more proudly in the BKWSU above any thought of ethics. Money talks, the poor walk ... Another dirty compromise?

And how can foreigners buy property in India ... does the BKWSU do them some deal?

In the old days, this would not have been allowed. All foreigners (non-Indians) had to be out on the frontlines 'serving' and special permission had to be received to go to Mount Abu for a short time.

pari

Global BK

Post13 Nov 2009

Yes, the value of properties are very high in Madhuban. Properties are cheaper at Abu Road, near Shantivan but even the prices here are going up.

radheyshyam

BK

Post13 Nov 2009

Anybody knows about the new season of Madhuban in 2009-10?

tom

ex-BK

Post13 Nov 2009

radheyshyam,

This is your first day in this forum. Take a look around at the issues discussed in this forum.

Is this the right place to ask this question of yours?

pari

Global BK

Post18 Jan 2012

The Global BK Forum does not exist anymore. If anyone wants to read the articles which I have written, the names and links for articles and videos by me can be found at:
Global Brahma Kumaris - Pari's articles and videos

The links to the latest articles are on the top so that one can easily know if there are new articles that have been written. One can also get the links through the words in the Index. Please click on the alphabets below (which links you to the relevant pages).

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post26 Jan 2012

it's a funny old world
Previous

Return to Commonroom