To be 150 years old and get your inheritance

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bansy

To be 150 years old and get your inheritance

Post02 May 2006

Is it so important to know this BK fact ?

One of the concepts we mortals are generally brought up with is to "live long and prosper". This applies in Western as well as Eastern cultures.
People strive to be healthy, save money for old age, pensions etc. Something about living long. Spiritual health. Physical health. Mental health. Of course in BK philosophy, this is not needed at your next birth.

Lie Zi, a Taoist sage, remarked that "if one does not cling to life or death, then whether life is short or long does not matter". Hence complete detachment.

If an inheritance (of a long life, riches in the new world, kingdoms in your next birth etc), is supplanted in this your last birth and God says everyone has an equal chance to it, aren't we all going to fight and scramble over it, and hence be attached to a futuristic physical desire however subtle it is, and hence defeating the very thing you're supposed to be which is to be free from desires. Does God need to show us what is in His Will (not that He actually dies but the world does instead by destruction) ?

A true angel is someone who does everything selflessly, but when each morning the Murli pounds you with inheritance issues, then you've set the debate on who gets what amongst the children, e.g a spot in the rosary. Just when things were getting comfortable, hold on, someone slightly purer than me has just knocked me off the rosary :lol:

Someone in love with God does not care if there are riches and pomp at stake.

arjun

PBK

Post05 May 2006

Dear Sister Bansy,
Omshanti. I fully agree with you that true angels should be selfless and someone in love with God should not care about the riches at stake. I am sure that Baba would also agree with you, but the only reason He might be mentioning about the inheritance aspect is that it is part of The Knowledge of the beginning, middle and end (aadi, madhya & ant) of the world cycle and also to inject those children with a dose of enthusiasm, who cannot follow the path of selfless love that you have mentioned above. There are many BKs and PBKs who simply keep calculating their numbers in the rosary, but I feel that calculating the numbers should not be their priority. Selfless love for God and selfless service to the humanity should be the priority instead.
With regards,
On Godly service,
Arjun

howiemac

ex-BK

Post21 May 2006

arjun wrote:He might be mentioning about the inheritance.... to inject those children with a dose of enthusiasm, who cannot follow the path of selfless love... There are many BKs and PBKs who simply keep calculating their numbers in the rosary, but I feel that calculating the numbers should not be their priority. Selfless love for God and selfless service to the humanity should be the priority instead.

well said Arjun. I agree with you as to what should be the priority, and also with your interpretation as to why the Murlis bang away about inheritance.

bansy wrote: "inheritance" has a symbolic meaning but can be easily taken physically in material terms

indeed - the Murlis are frequently talking in material terms (jewels and riches, palaces and servants in the golden and silver ages) and in terms of world power and glory (being worshipped by "bhagats" for 63 births through the copper and iron ages). That this should be regarded as fit motivation for "Baba's children" suggests to me that Baba sees such children as simple minded and materialistic.

Also, the competitive instincts that are shamelessly pandered to and encouraged by the "numberwise" and "become number one" theme (that is repeated endleesly - almost every Murli), strike me as decidedly unspiritual. :?

Return to Commonroom