BKWSO lose legal action against BrahmaKumaris.Info

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

proy

ex-BK

What will they try next?

Post22 Nov 2007

Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley wrote:Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (one love!);
There is one question Id really love to ask (one heart!):
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner,
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own beliefs?

Lets get together to fight this holy armagiddyon (one love!),
So when the man comes there will be no, no doom (one song!).
Have pity on those whose chances grows tinner;
There aint no hiding place from the Father of creation.

ONE LOVE

sparkal

BK supporter

law for self, love for world.

Post22 Nov 2007

To echo the words of someone recently, 'law is for the self and love is for others' or whatever it was. You cannot release such statements to the world then try to use the law upon others, especially if you claim to represent God.

What will they try next? Hopefully having more self respect and love for others and bring about the much needed changes, within the self that are required. They may even find that God IS on their side as a result.

Let's not get carried away as there is never any winner with conflict among souls. Lessons maybe.

proy

ex-BK

alladin

no label

one family

Post24 Nov 2007

So, baby don't worry, about a thing, 'because every little thing is gonna be alright ... truth is under a special canopy of protection. Was this legal case a test to see if we loose faith in this principle and in the support of the Almighty?

Now, the organisation puts the tail in between the legs, or else what does it means when DJ ( reported statement) says that, "those who slander are instrumental to awaken teachers that are asleep". Or when they talk about ex-BKs turning against the Yagya or leaving because they (poor things) took sorrow or felt rejected? Where does all this mercy and broad mindedness comes all of a sudden from?

Has loosing the case enabled them to have new realizations?

proy

ex-BK

Re: one family

Post24 Nov 2007

alladin wrote:Has loosing the case enabled them to have new realizations?

Where there's life there's hope, or so they say :lol:

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

United States Patent and Trademark Office

tete

friends or family of a BK

Thanks AbieK for the information

Post25 Nov 2007

Trademark Document Retrieval: Brahma Kumaris, 77212561

Trademark Document Retrieval: Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, 77212547.

Trademark Document Retrieval: Brahma Kumaris, 77212153.

Brahma Kumaris new application filed on 10/30/2007

Description:Education services, namely, providing classes, seminars, workshops, programs, retreats in the fields of spirituality, meditation, Yoga, positive thinking and stress free living

Trademark Document Retrieval, 77313590.

AbieK, Thanks for the update.

arjun

PBK

Post29 Nov 2007

Omshanti.

I was quite surprised to see that the discussion forum on the Aussie site of BKs contains a reference to the legal dispute related to this site and has even a link to this thread and the complaint filed by the BKs.

I don't know how it was allowed on that site, but it is indeed a positive development. I hope it remains there forever for the future BKs to see and think. I hope they allow the latest update on the case to be posted since the last post about the dispute was made there on 14th October.

Here is the link:Aussie BK Forum.

I don't know if the views expressed on that forum can be copied and pasted here. But if it can be done, it would be nice to have that view expressed by an unregistered member 'giver' pasted here.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

proy

ex-BK

Post29 Nov 2007

arjun wrote:I don't know if the views expressed on that forum can be copied and pasted here. But if it can be done, it would be nice to have that view expressed by an unregistered member 'giver' pasted here.
Unregistered member giver wrote:
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 10:35 PM

I see Colonel Hansa and the BKWSU in America have started legal action to shut down the brahmakumaris.info website, there is discussion about it on their forum, http://brahmakumaris.info/forum/.php?t=1181 and you can read the actually complaint http://brahmakumaris.info/download/doma ... spute1.pdf

It portrays the BKWSU as a business with trademarks etc and accuses the ex-BKs of trying to make money out of their connection just because they have links to other sites, including this one. But it looks more like to me that none of them are doing any business off the back of their BK connections and they just want to discuss Gyan in their own way. It really disappoints me that the family is being drawn into doing this sort of stuff.

That site is the one place on the internet where there are Murlis for everyone to read. Some of the discussion is very deep even if you cant agree with everyone's points of view. It is also the only place that goes into detail about the early days and has copies of documents and posters from the 1930s and 1940s that I had never seen before and no one told me about. They seem really keen to plot the real history of the Yagya.

Is this legal action universally supported by all BKs? Was it discussed within the family before it happened?

Its a disappointing day to come to this really.

Thanks.

arjun

PBK

Post29 Nov 2007

Thanks proy :).
unregistered member 'giver' of BK Aussie forum wrote:Is this legal action universally supported by all BKs? Was it discussed within the family before it happened?

But do all BKs actually know about what is going on in their backyard without their knowledge? The discussion may have been limited to the IT team and select few of the top heirarchy. Rest may not have even been given the information about this affair.

I don't know about the foreign countries, but in India most BK centers might not even be aware of this legal dispute, unless they have been officially informed about it, which is a very remote possibility.

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post29 Nov 2007

unregistered member 'giver' of BK Aussie forum wrote:Is this legal action universally supported by all BKs? Was it discussed within the family before it happened?
arjun wrote:Thanks proy :).But do all BKs actually know about what is going on in their backyard without their knowledge?

As far as I know most BKs do not know.

I know that my RCO quickly mentioned something about it during a group meeting but it was such that someone uninformed would not have known what she was talking about.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2007

arjun wrote:unregistered member 'giver'.

What "unregistered" means is that they have banned him, or her, from the BK Australia forum already!

Rien ne change plus, n'est-ce pas ... ?

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2007

Looks to me like the recent legal dispute will (and has ...) create its own individualistic opinions (and bring a split or two) within the BKWSO as a whole, and we can look forward to seeing all these being listed on this forum, as should be ... This is a place of honesty and truth in any case ...

proy

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2007

ex-l wrote:What "unregistered" means is that they have banned him, or her, from the BK Australia forum already!

And will they proceed to delete giver's post?

I very much doubt if everyday BK folk know what is going on. I have less and less contact with BKs as time goes on, but those I do know are not even aware of what a PBK is :!: I have tried to reason with them, but they will not listen.

As it happens, I just got a mail from the BKs about a new web site they have set up, so I answered them and all the people they sent the mail to, telling them about this forum and about what is happening on the Aussie forum.

I see dreadi is now posting on the Aussie Forum

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post30 Nov 2007

If you look through that particular thread, it appears that EVERYONE there who seems to disagree with the Admin line has been banned!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom