Are healthy exercise and the BKs mutually exclusive?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

john

reforming BK

Post22 Mar 2007

Alladin,

I fully understand :).

yudhishtira

reforming BK

exercise classes in Gyan Sarovar

Post17 Apr 2007

For those prepared to sacrifice their rest between Amrit Vela and class! Exercise classes were available run by a Sister from Global Hospital at 5.45am every morning! Apparently breathing exercises, stretching and mild aerobic exercises. I heard it was a struggle initially for her to get it accepted but there it is now!

arjun

PBK

Post18 Apr 2007

Sister Yudhishtira wrote:For those prepared to sacrifice their rest between AV and class! Exercise classes were available run by a Sister from Global Hospital at 5.45am every morning! Apparantly breathing exercises, stretching and mild aerobic exercises. I heard it was a struggle initially for her to get it accepted but there it is now!

The BKs now have competition from numerous Bhaktimarg gurus including Baba Ramdev, who has metamorphosed from an unknown Yoga guru to an internationally known Yoga expert. :P Many Indians who were habituated to waking up late, have been leaving their bed early (even at AV-Amritvela) to attend to his Yoga classes either at his centers or by watching his Yoga classes on TV (many channels air his programmes) at Amrit Vela. I am sure many BKs and PBKs might be following his health guidelines. :D

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

button slammer

PBK

Post21 Apr 2007

bansy wrote:Does ShivBaba (Veerendra Dev Dixit) go for walks and exercises with the children?

One time I was travelling with some relatives of Baba/Virendra Dev Dixit, the coversation turned to excercise. "Oh yes, I have often seen Baba performing hatha Yoga, headstands and other asanas. He used to perform such excercise when he was younger".

One Mata was doing some back rolls and other excercises to stay supple during her stay at Kampil, she had been directly observed by Baba/Virendra Dev Dixit, 'Good, good' said Baba and gavher encouragement. During my stay at Faroukabad last year several of the surrendered Brothers and myself performed various excercises in the mornings when it was cool and before class. In letters to Baba (Virendra Dev Dixit). I have often mentioned my sporting activities and never received any negative comments. In fact, there is often a mention in Avyakt Vanis in relation to the athletic wing.

I recently underwent a 'beep' test at my gym. I am in 'excellent' health levels and just a shade away from 'superior', that because of being unfamiliar with the test and an injured ankle. A short while ago I travelled approx 1400 miles by motorcycle to attend class and visit relatives,e.g.
    friday morning 1 hour ride to work - 9.00am start
    finish 5.30 - 6 hrs/400 mile ride to my partners home/rest 2 hrs.
    Sat morn3 am ride to class. 3-4 hr/300 miles to class.
    Finish class, chit-chat then 50 miles to PBKs home, rest, lunch, chit-chat, sleep 4-5 hrs
    300 miles ride to my partners home, arrive late sat night.
    Sun - spend time with my partner, see my son and other relatives and friends.
    Leave for home Sun evening, 400 miles in winter conditions, arrive at work location Mon 6am. Rest on bench 2hrs before work.
    Finish work 5.30 - 50 miles/1 hr ride home.
Does Yoga work in a practical way?

I do a similar journey several times a month after a week's work. After work I go to the gym for several hours. I play sport competatively to a high level. This year I took up boxing for some variety/cross training. During my sports off season I plan to study hatha Yoga and perhaps some sport massage skills. I like to put rememberance to the test. It does work.

Rememberance can be used in any situation or activity and it will help get you through it. I just believe that the intentions of any action should be as honest as possible. There is a limit, however, to how much the body itself can take. So I have realised my limits so far, and do try to plan adequate rest periods when I chill with the study, visit relatives, or just go for relaxing walks etc. I live on the coast in a natural environment, so I am sure the fresh air also helps. :)

arjun

PBK

Post22 Apr 2007

button slammer wrote:Rememberance can be used in any situation or activity and it will help get you through it.

Ever since the activities on BKInfo have intensified I have been forced to use the time of physical exercise to churn about the discussions on BKInfo (what should I write, what mistakes I have made, etc.) besides trying to be in soul consciousness and the remembrance of the Father. But like other effort makers the thoughts of the Father slip away just like a child in a big fair. :lol: :D :P

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

sparkal

BK supporter

Re: Are healthy exercise and the BKs mutually exclusive?

Post23 Apr 2007

yudhishtira wrote: apart from the odd walk

I seem to remember walks and picnics being banned by the SS at our centre. Not verbally. Oh no, that would be openness. No, they just stopped happening. You cannot have Brothers and Sisters walking or picnicing together. In fact, if you email a Sister, she could become pregnant remember (OK, they have not quite got there yet, but ...).

Imagine a family who are not allowed to interact together due to secrets, match-breaking, and generally prudish, over-cautious, fearful behaviour. Should we apply the same criteria to the likes of those "in charge". Should we ban souls from inter-acting? Should the likes of Jayanti and Mike George be banned from being in the same room? Then why the :oops: is it being imposed on others?

What is a family? So the word family is just window dressing then. THAT! is not a family, at least, not a functional one. Secrets and lies are not functional. Sly manipulation is not functional, truth/honesty etc is functional. An honest heart is also.

The best memories which souls have of their BK days are often the likes of picnics, successful programmes where there was genuine co-operation and powerful atmosphere, culture programmes etc. Has someone given the direction to become tight, strict, fearful and secretive? Who knows.

bansy

Post29 Apr 2007

Well I guess if I cannot walk on water (yet), I might as well go for the full dip. So went swimming today. Obviously I wore ten layers of clothing :roll: but that did not spoil the fun, it only adds about 30 extra kgs of drag. (Not really).

It was great. Splashing around and total release of stress and physical tension. Would you believe that it is possible to do Yoga AND swim, the sun shone through the glass, making the flickering reflections onto the roof of the pool, and as one slowly does the backstroke and looks up, its really peaceful. I think God was smiling, was with one and all the six elements at that time. Reminded me of the scene when Captain Dan flips overboard on the shrimpboat in Forrest Gump, and does the backstroke with the setting sun in the background and Gump remarks that Dan eventually has made peace with God.

Woke up when my head hit the other end of the pool :P

When taking a breather and sitting at the poolside, I probably was the most body conscious of the entire bunch, everyone was happy and enjoying themselves, and here I was thinking and looking at bodies, wondering if folks should cover themselves up. Could this be some sort of conditioning in the BKWSU not to look at bodies, which actually has a counter-effect instead? As quickly as such a thought came up it was perished and dispelled immediately when I was dragged in by the kids again. However, I promised myself then to tell you anguished folks that swimming and excercise is fun when your mind is really really free and full of simple and pure thoughts.

Now I know what to do with my little Shiva pin badge ... clip it on my swimming cap.

arjun

PBK

Post12 May 2007

Omshanti.
Yesterday, while returning from the garden after the evening session of exercise, I had a taste of the future destruction (as predicted by ShivBaba through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit). It had been very hot and humid in the day time with the temperature upto 40 degrees as is common during this part of the year in India. But the nature took such a sudden turn that it did not allow me to cover even the small distance at which my house is situated from the garden. It started raining torrentially along with thunderstorms. I had to run for cover along with many others under a bus stop. :shock: But, to our surprise the torrential rains were joined by hailstorm :evil: and the entire road was covered by small pieces of ice for a few minutes with some striking us from all sides of the bus stop :roll: . Although the torrential rains lasted less than an hour, but it gave a taste of the future. ShivBaba through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit says that when the third world war and the atomic war is over, the atmosphere would get so heated up that it would lead to torrential rains and most of the land would be covered by ice. The four and a half lakh deities who would survive the fourth world war and the atomic war would be buried under the ice numberwise (in case of some it would be freezing of thoughts and in some cases it would be gross freezing). :cry: :( :cry:

Anyways, the bad thing about the torrential rains and hailstorm was that the current supply was cut off for many hours. So, I could not work on computer and could not post the Murli extracts scheduled for yesterday. Although today morning's exercise was a good experience with clear skies and cool breeze, I had to skip the evening exercise to make up the lost time. :D :lol: :D

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post14 May 2007

ShivBaba through Baba Veerendra Dev Dixit says that when the third world war and the atomic war is over, the atmosphere would get so heated up that it would lead to torrential rains and most of the land would be covered by ice. The four and a half lakh deities who would survive the fourth world war and the atomic war would be buried under the ice numberwise (in case of some it would be freezing of thoughts and in some cases it would be gross freezing).

In one of the recent discussion CDs (250+) recorded at Aara, Bihar I have heard ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) speak on the above subject while answering a query related to geography of Earth in the context of repetition of 5000 years cycle.

Since this is not the relevant thread, I would be posting the same within a few days in the concerned thread in the PBKs section.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post14 May 2007

Buttton Slammer wrote: During my sports off season I plan to study hatha Yoga and perhaps some sport massage skills. Does Yoga practically work?

I have been doing Hatha Yoga for over one year now and it has brought huge benefit to me, my body, my mind and my being. It is said that Hatha Yoga prepares the mind for meditation. This has been my experience and more.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 May 2007

Buttton Slammer wrote: During my sports off season I plan to study hatha Yoga and perhaps some sport massage skills. Does Yoga practically work?

Too right ... done properly you'll find yourself breaking sweat and quivering in mercy faster than a workout on a bench. And as half the time you are fighting against your whining ego, you will do yourself some spiritual good as well. It also pleasant to be in an environment where 90% or more of your classmates are girlies instead of pumped testosterone and your head is not being bashed by techno. Yoga rocks.

arjun

PBK

Post14 May 2007

Omshanti. This is what ShivBaba has said about hathyog in a recent revised Sakar Murli:

"Bahut hee hathyog, pranayam aadi kartey hain, tum toh kar na sako. Tum naazuk kanyaon, mataon ko kya takleef dengey."

"People do a lot of hathyog, Pranayam, etc. It is not possible for you to do that. How can you delicate virgins, mothers be troubled." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 5.5.07 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba, translated by a PBK)

Although Baba may have exempted BK Sisters and mothers from hathyog in view of their delicate bodies, but he might not have imagined the mess in which their bodies would be without exercise leading to the necessity of setting up Global hospital and nature cure center. Had many of the senior Sisters practiced hathyog or physical activities during their free time, they would not have accumulated the weight that is troubling them today.
Arjun wrote:ShivBaba (through Brahma Baba) has exalted the virtues of walking in many Murlis. In one of the Murlis he has said that even if one walks from Abu Road to Mt. Abu in Baba's remembrance one would not feel exhausted.

"Baba kee Yaad may tum kitnaa bhi paidal kartey jaao, kabhi thak nahee saktey."

"However long distance you may cover by walk in Baba's remembrance, you can never feel tired." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 19.04.07 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba, translated by a PBK)

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post11 Jun 2007

Omshanti.

It seems like BKs have taken a cue from this thread and are organizing physical exercises for children. The June edition of the PURITY magazine published by BKs carries a photograph showing "a group of children doing physical exercise in the lawns of ORC as a part of Personality Development training." ORC is situated near Delhi.

Just above the above-mentioned photograph is another photograph showing 'Maharashtra Ranji Cricket Team Captain Sairaj Bahutule and coach Chandrakant Pandit along with team members after attending RajYoga Camp seen with BKs Anita, Sarita and Deepak."

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post11 Jun 2007

arjun wrote:It seems like BKs have taken a cue from this thread and are organizing physical exercises for children. The June edition of the PURITY magazine published by BKs carries a photograph showing "a group of children doing physical exercise in the lawns of ORC as a part of Personality Development training." ORC is situated near Delhi.

I'd really like to see what type of excercises these kids are doing. There's a huge difference between running around and playing than doing excercises. Wondering who's heading this and if the facilitator is fully qualified by an external authority to teach these excercises or have they taken any willing BK and placed them in front?

arjun

PBK

Post07 Dec 2007

Omshanti.

Continuing from my previous post dated 11th June reporting about the BKs teaching RajYoga to the Maharashtra state Ranji Cricket team, the December, 2007 issue of Purity magazine carries five photographs of BK Sister Asha and BK Brijmohan meeting members of India's national cricket team like Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Laxman and Sreesanth. There is also an article along with the pictures. The article is titled 'Let's play spiritual cricket'. They have compared the game of cricket with the efforts made on the spiritual path, the effortmaker being the batsman and Maya being the captain of the opposite team.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom